Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs Kurt M. Campbell briefs Council members at the Spring 2011 Conference at the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, DC
Council conferences are convened twice a year. One conference takes place in Washington, D.C.; the other is held in another location in the United States.
These briefings afford members an opportunity to participate in discussions of key foreign policy issues with leading officials of the Administration, the Departments of Commerce, Defense and State, the Congress, and representatives of the National Security Council, the intelligence community and the media.
When outside Washington, D.C., the Council endeavors to partner with leading academic, public policy or other institutions. Past partners include:
- The Carter Center in Atlanta, Georgia
- UCLA in Los Angeles, California
- The Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California
- Texas A&M University and The Bush Presidential Library in College Station, Texas
- The James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University in Houston, Texas
- The Dante B. Fascell North-South Center in Miami, Florida
- The Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Pepperdine University, School of Public Policy in Malibu, California
Click here for a Representative List of Past Conference Speakers.