The Council of American Ambassadors seeks an Executive Director.
Information about the position follows.
Individuals who meet the qualifications, education level and experience required as listed below are encouraged to apply.
COUNCIL OF AMERICAN AMBASSADORS (CAA)
The Executive Director of the Council of American Ambassadors (CAA) is responsible for management of the organization according to policy determined by the CAA’s Board of Directors. Responsibilities include financial management, budgeting, fundraising, member recruitment and retention, program/event planning and execution, internal and external communications, CAA print and electronic publications, supervision of in-house staff and external consultants, organization of Board of Directors meetings and orchestration of international missions. The position of CAA Executive Director necessitates well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills; it is challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
- Manage all program operations, including planning, contract negotiations, invoicing and payments.
- Manage all financial operations, including budgeting, payroll, deposits and disbursements, accounts payable, inventory, etc.
- Lead development activities for CAA’s endowment, Annual Fund and membership recruitment/renewal drive.
- Administer the Council’s two Fellowship programs to include managing the selection processes and orchestrating each program’s activities and events.
- Update and maintain the membership database.
- Supervise staff and outside consultants.
- Seamlessly plan and execute events, including conferences, roundtable discussions, receptions, dinners and other activities.
- Recruit conference presenters and arrange for their travel/accommodations and expense reimbursement.
- Identify event venues, caterers, A/V and other vendors. Negotiate and monitor contracts and settle all invoices.
- Orchestrate and staff ambassadorial missions to international locations.
- Prepare Board of Directors and Council committee meeting agendas and minutes. Develop and present the annual operating budget to the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the production (including author solicitation and follow-up), editing and distribution details for The Ambassadors REVIEW, CAA’s semi-annual journal of articles and commentary.
- Oversee the production and promotion of CAA’s international affairs podcast, CAA Live!
- Supervise the maintenance of CAA’s website.
- Develop online and print materials for CAA’s conferences and international missions.
- Write, format and edit grant proposals.
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in international affairs or related field
- Multi-year program management and/or event planning experience preferred
- Substantive understanding of contemporary international affairs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet navigation
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of requests, we regret that we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his/her application.