The Council of American Ambassadors International Affairs Fellowship Program is highly competitive. Interested applicants are encouraged to review all eligibility, program and application requirements prior to submitting their CAA Annenberg Summer Fellowship Program Application.
Required Application Materials:
To apply, interested applicants must:
A) Submit one (1) PDF document containing items 1 - 4 of the following materials:
- Cover sheet listing your:
- Preferred email address
- Phone number
- Major and any accompanying concentrations or minors
- Year in school and graduation date
- Bureau at Department of State (if assigned)
- Security Clearance status from Department of State
- A personal essay (~500 words) outlining motivation, preparation and aspirations for a career in foreign and national security affairs;
- A topical essay (~750 words) succinctly positing and analyzing what the applicant sees as the most challenging foreign affairs/national security problem confronting the United States. The essay must offer concise recommendations to address the problem.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members, former supervisors, or others with first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s performance and suitability.
Deadline: 12:00 am/midnight EST, Sunday, March 12, 2023
Your one (1) PDF application document must be received on or before 12:00 am/midnight EST and should be sent to Grayce McAllister (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc Joyce Chandran (email@example.com).
B) Request that an official university transcript be emailed to:
Ms. Grayce McAllister (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants must be rising seniors and rising juniors - if in the fall of 2023 you will be entering your junior or senior year you are eligible to apply.
- Must receive security clearance from U.S. Department of State
- Must attend Tuesday 6:30-8:30pm Academic Class
- Must attend CAA Mentorship events
Internship Start Date:
- Should you be selected for the Annenberg Summer Fellowship Program, your internship will begin the week of Sunday, May 28, 2023 (i.e., U.S. Department of State’s Cohort 2)
THE MARCH 12TH DEADLINE IS FIRM.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME ON MARCH 12, 2022 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.